Sunday 16 June 2013

The Importance of the Kiss.

Kisses, be they long and steamy, short and tender or just a peck on the cheek are an integral part of any romantic relationship. They tell your partner that you feel their pain, you share their joy, they are important to you and above all else that you love them.
My better half and I have a tradition that we keep every day. Each morning we give each other a single kiss. It's usually short and sweet and more like a long peck. We say "Good Morning Baby, I love you forever!" and carry about our day. Each night before we go to sleep, we give each other 3 kisses and say," I love you my sweetheart, I will meet you in my dreams!" We do this NO MATTER WHAT. If we are upset, if we just finished worshiping each other and even if we are annoyed with the other. We also do not leave the house (except in an emergency) without giving the other a kiss.
I am always so shocked by how many of life's problems can be fixed with a simple kiss. Physical pain can be dulled, emotional pain can be completely obliterated, woes and worries can be washed away all by the power of a kiss!
The moral of this rant is: NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF A KISS! I don't care if you have only been together a week. Don't forget to kiss. If you have been together 20 years. Don't forget to kiss.
And don't forget to embrace your partner while you do so. Even if its a 5 second kiss!


No comments:

Post a Comment